There are two modules available in Python:
- threading - Recommended.
- thread - Deprecated already. Not available in Python3.
You MUST have crystal concepts of processes such like:
- What is thread.
- How the OS process works?
- What are parent/child processes?
- How the data exchange among processes?
- What are the problems encountered in parallel processing.
to understand how thread works.
In order to understand how process work, you can learn this from Linux LPIC-1, Intro. to UNIX/Linux classes or other equivalent ones.
Single process has at least a single thread, this is the default process behavior. A single process can also have multi-threads, this requires clear and in-depth understanding as regards to how inter-process works. Or, you may make a simple threading script works but very difficult to enhance and improve it.